Please excuse us for being absent yesterday. Work, home, school and most importantly a little girl have us craving two additional hours in a day. But those things don’t keep the world from rotating and things happen that need to talk about.
See if you can respond to these subjects in 5 words or less; I know it is hard sometimes, but try anyway.
***After thinking about some of the issues below, who cares about 5 words! Some of these issues may need much more.
- Did President Obama finally turn tough?
- Is adding Ellen Degeneres to American Idol a sign of desperation?
- Does Oprah Winfrey have too much Power?
- Is this a day of mourning for Women across America?
- Should anything happen to Joe Wilson?
- Instead of looking at the message first I look at how the message was delivered. Although I support Obama, I don’t think we need another nice speech. We know he has a very nice delivery, but it is about time he gets a little tougher with his words. He has been attacked like no other president in my lifetime and I’m tired of seeing him take it with a smile.
- As soon as the fourth judge was added last season I knew Paula Abdul was out. Her odd behavior had run its course and it was time for her to either change drastically or go. She didn’t change so she had to go. Ellen Degeneres is just the kind of judge mainstream America wants and could be a reason I don’t watch the show in the future. She will add corny one-liners and that is about it. They might as well add Dennis Miller while they are at it!
- Yes, Oprah has too much power. Whatever Oprah likes becomes the new hot thing. Women all across the country hang on her every word and it is sickening.
- The NFL season starts tonight. Yes, it is that time of year again ladies!
- OK, so Joe Wilson yells, “You lie” right in the middle of the president’s speech. This happens in congress! I’m almost speechless because of where this happened and how much press Bush received when someone threw a shoe at him. I think there should be some kind of disciplinary action taken since this was a member of congress. But I’m sure these spoken words were in the hearts of many others.