Happy Wednesday everyone and happy new year! Well, by now, you know what 7DayBuzz does on Wednesdays — yep Wordplay Wednesday!
Here are the newsworthy topics. Remember, try to keep your comments to 5 words and…….have fun!
- Tiger Woods. Why? What? How?
- What is your opinion on President Obama’s response to the failed terrorist attack on Christmas in comparison to (former, it feels good to say) President Bush’s response to 9/11?
- Should we have health care reform or leave things the way they are? It is easy to criticize what is on the table without offering an alternate solution so this is more about standing pat versus making a change.
- Do you know what the Nexus One is? If so, do you think it will have any impact in 2010?
- I would like someone to weigh in on the movie Avatar. Is this movie as good as the box office indicates?
January 6, 2010
7daybuzz, avatar, avatar box office results, bush's response to 9/11, google phone, health care reform, leave health care alone, nexus one, Obama rebukes intelligence community, Tiger Woods, WordPlay Wednesday
Hey 7DayBuzz readers. It’s that time of week ….. WordPlay Wednesday! Are you ready to be creative with your comments? Remember, use no more than five words to convey your sentiment about the topics listed below.
Okay, here we go…..
- Do you agree with what former president Jimmy Carter had to say about representative Wilsons’ outburst? “I think it’s based on racism,” Carter said at a town hall held at his presidential center in Atlanta. “There is an inherent feeling among many in this country that an African-American should not be president.” Click on the link and read the article, but to be fair, this is what Wilsons’ son had to say: “There is not a racist bone in my dad’s body,” said Alan Wilson, an Iraq veteran who is running for state attorney general. “He doesn’t even laugh at distasteful jokes. I won’t comment on former President Carter, because I don’t know President Carter. But I know my dad, and it’s just not in him.”
- Should we send more troops to the war in Afghanistan or bring everyone home?
- When someone is sentenced to die, how humane should the process be? Basically, Romell Broom was supposed to be executed for raping and killing a 14-year-old girl. His execution was delayed because they couldn’t find a vain. The article says that at one point he appeared to be crying while the y searched for a vain…SO!
- Doesn’t it seem like Patrick Swayze didn’t make enough movies?
- Is Kanye West one of the biggest jerks around?
Please excuse us for being absent yesterday. Work, home, school and most importantly a little girl have us craving two additional hours in a day. But those things don’t keep the world from rotating and things happen that need to talk about.
See if you can respond to these subjects in 5 words or less; I know it is hard sometimes, but try anyway.
***After thinking about some of the issues below, who cares about 5 words! Some of these issues may need much more.
- Did President Obama finally turn tough?
- Is adding Ellen Degeneres to American Idol a sign of desperation?
- Does Oprah Winfrey have too much Power?
- Is this a day of mourning for Women across America?
- Should anything happen to Joe Wilson?
- Instead of looking at the message first I look at how the message was delivered. Although I support Obama, I don’t think we need another nice speech. We know he has a very nice delivery, but it is about time he gets a little tougher with his words. He has been attacked like no other president in my lifetime and I’m tired of seeing him take it with a smile.
- As soon as the fourth judge was added last season I knew Paula Abdul was out. Her odd behavior had run its course and it was time for her to either change drastically or go. She didn’t change so she had to go. Ellen Degeneres is just the kind of judge mainstream America wants and could be a reason I don’t watch the show in the future. She will add corny one-liners and that is about it. They might as well add Dennis Miller while they are at it!
- Yes, Oprah has too much power. Whatever Oprah likes becomes the new hot thing. Women all across the country hang on her every word and it is sickening.
- The NFL season starts tonight. Yes, it is that time of year again ladies!
- OK, so Joe Wilson yells, “You lie” right in the middle of the president’s speech. This happens in congress! I’m almost speechless because of where this happened and how much press Bush received when someone threw a shoe at him. I think there should be some kind of disciplinary action taken since this was a member of congress. But I’m sure these spoken words were in the hearts of many others.
Happy Wednesday everyone! It’s that time of week ….. WordPlay Wednesday! Are you ready to be creative with your comments? Remember, use no more than five words to convey your sentiment about the topics listed below.
Okay, here we go…..
- What do you think about the swine flu shot?
- The Duggar family is expecting their 19th child!
- Budget cuts kill some high school athletics.
- Because of their regularity, are California wildfires worse than hurricanes?
- What do you think about monitoring sex offenders?